Society’s incremental use of the internet and digital services attracts an increasing number of scammers who may purport to represent lawful entities and try to deceive individuals through different means such as: fraudulent emails, fake websites or illegitimate phone calls.
Alantra considers fraud prevention and cybersecurity of upmost importance, and consequently has in place appropriate measures and practices to protect information from its clients.
The following are some good practice tips and general recommendations that may help internet users protect themselves and prevent being deceived by an individual purporting to represent Alantra:
- Any and all commercial activities undertaken by Alantra are carried out through a commercial legal entity and in no case on an individual’s capacity or following an unsolicited communication.
- All individuals who generally interact with any third party in any potential business relationship are advised to ensure that they are communicating with the legitimate and authorised representative of such entity and pay careful attention to the details of any communication received to detect fraudulent red flags.
- Alantra’s legitimate communications sent via email are exclusively sent from our registered domain names: @alantra.com and @mail.alantra.com
Be aware that fraudulent emails may include warning signs that give away their illegitimacy such as, but not limited to:
- The email is not sent from the @alantra.com or @mail.alantra.com domain names.
- The email is sent from a similar name to our registered domain, but with slight differences in the wording.
- The email requests some kind of payment or deposit.
Alantra does not tolerate criminal activity in any form. If you receive what you believe could be a fraudulent email or other form of illegitimate communication from any individual purporting to represent Alantra, please report this to your local authorities whenever necessary and appropriate.
Alantra accepts no liability arising in connection with third-party communications or third-party websites which are unrelated to Alantra.