Alantra strengthens its asset management business with the acquisition of an additional 24.5% stake in Access Capital Partners

Date 23 August 2022

Type Alternative Asset Management

Madrid, Paris – After receiving the required regulatory approvals, today Alantra has completed the acquisition of an additional 24.5% stake in pan-European asset manager Access Capital Partners (“ACP”) from OP Financial Group for a cash consideration of approximately €24.5m.

As anticipated in the 2021 Financial Results Presentation, it was Alantra’s intention to execute the call option, which was agreed upon at the time of the initial 24.5% acquisition in December 2018. Following the transaction, Alantra owns a 49% stake in the company and the executive partners the remaining 51%.

This investment marks a new milestone in Alantra’s strategy of becoming a leading pan-European diversified asset manager offering a wide range of investment strategies in seven highly specialized asset management classes (private equity, active funds, private debt, infrastructure, real estate, transition energy, and technology). As of June 30, 2022, assets under management from consolidated businesses stood at €2.2bn, while assets under management from Strategic Partnerships in which Alantra holds a significant stake were €13.7bn.

ACP is a leading independent European private asset manager with more than €13 billion of cumulated assets raised and a 25-year history of providing superior returns for its investors across economic cycles. Access’ team of 90 professionals is spread across France, Belgium, the UK, Germany, Finland, and Luxembourg. Its integrated expertise offers exposure to small and mid-market buyouts, infrastructure, and private debt through funds of funds, co-investment funds, and customized client solutions.

In 2021, the company raised more than €750m across its different strategies and completed the fundraising of a €814m fund-of-funds vehicle (“Access Capital Fund VIII Growth Buyout Europe”), which according to Pitchbook was the largest fund-of-funds vehicle raised in Europe.