Alantra generated revenues of €315.2m (+77.2%) and net profit of €56.1m (+93.2%) in 2021
Date 28 February 2022
Type Financial Results
- Net revenues reached a record high of €315.2m (+77.2%), motivated by strong business performance and benefitting from the market momentum. In Investment Banking and Credit Portfolio Advisory, revenues reached €206.5m (+73.1%) and €51.5m (+79.6%), respectively. In Alternative Asset Management, revenues increased by 97.5% to €55.4m, driven by steady growth in fee-earning assets under management (+21.7%) and, especially, the success fees (€25.9m) generated in 2021.
- Operating expenses amounted to €231.2m (+62.7%) due to higher variable retribution (+206.1%) driven by strong business performance.
- Net profit attributable to the parent reached €56.1m (+93.2%), of which €55.9m (+90.6%) correspond to the fee business, €0.3m to the portfolio and -€0.1m to other results.
- As of 31st December 2021, the Group maintained a strong balance sheet, with €286.5m of shareholders’ equity attributable to the parent and no financial leverage; €237.2m in cash, cash equivalents and a monetary fund; and €80.0m portfolio of investments in products.
- Year-end figures show an extraordinarily high liquidity situation, which will be normalized once variable retribution is paid (€113.0m) and tax liabilities and dividends are settled.
Shareholder remuneration and investment in the Group’s growth
- The Board of Directors is considering proposing to the Annual Shareholders Meeting (April 2022) the distribution of €0.55 per share to be paid in May.
- The Group envisages significant investments in 2022 driven by its corporate development ambitions, including the exercise of a call option for an additional 24.5% of Access Capital Partners to reach a 49% stake in the company.
- In light of the above, the Board will decide on the amount to be distributed as an additional dividend during the second half of 2022.
- Investment Banking activity led to a record figure of 186 transactions (+40.9%), 27% of which were in Technology, 25% in Industrials, and 18% in Consumer Goods and Retail. As a result of this performance, Alantra ranked as the #4 Independent advisor in Europe by the number of deals advised and #3 Independent advisor to PE in Europe, according to Mergermarket. 14 senior professionals joined Alantra to strengthen its specialized and diverse services.
- In Asset Management, Alantra launched four new strategies and increased capital commitments in its Energy Transition Fund, Real Estate Debt Fund, Solar Energy Fund; and Alantra Global Technology Fund. Furthermore, EQMC & QMC strategies achieved a strong performance of +23.7% and +16.9%, respectively. Additionally, the EQMC fund has been named one of the EMEA’s top-performing European Equity Funds in 2021 by Investors Choice Awards 2022. As of 31st December 2021, Alantra and its Strategic Partners raised its fee-earning assets under management to €15.7bn.
- Alantra’s Credit Portfolio Advisory division has advised on 59 transactions (+73.5%) worth over €58.8bn, including the second-largest rated NPE securitization in Europe (Alphabank, Project Galaxy, €10.8bn).