Alantra completes the 8th edition of its acceleration program, Alantra ScaleUp
Date 10 October 2023
Type Press Releases
- Alantra ScaleUp offers pro-bono advice to start-ups with high growth potential to prepare their first rounds of institutional financing
- Feltwood, Boldest and SmartEscrow, the three scale-ups participating in this edition, have been advised by 18 professionals across Alantra’s different divisions.
- Since its inception, over 150 Alantra professionals have participated in the program, providing more than 3,500 hours of advice to nearly 25 companies with a high digital component
Madrid – Alantra in collaboration with Fundación Empresa y Sociedad has completed the eighth edition of Alantra ScaleUp, an ESG initiative with relevant social impact through which professionals from its various divisions offer financial and strategic advice to companies with high growth potential for their first rounds of institutional financing.
Feltwood (the winner of this edition), together with Boldest and SmartEscrow, have collaborated with 18 Alantra professionals in seven working sessions to address issues such as the investment thesis, the business and financing strategy, the valuation or the type of investor to target.
The program closed with a presentation to an Alantra Partners Committee that provided final input for the financing round, as well as a potential investment commitment to support the winning project.
- Feltwood develops proprietary technologies for the manufacture of 100% vegetable and biodegradable fibers from agricultural waste. They are an alternative to plastic and wood in various applications.
- Boldest are a team of IT consultants dedicated to creating digital experiences and facilitating the adoption of new business models for their clients. Their areas of expertise include Corporate Communications, Destination Marketing and Hospitality & Events.
- SmartEscrow is a fintech platform based on the integral automation of information verification and structuring processes. It allows the supplier to finance commercial operations as soon as the order is issued, without having to wait to receive the invoice.
Since its launch in 2017, over 150 Alantra professionals have participated in the program, offering more than 3,500 hours of pro-bono advice to nearly 25 companies, including Citibox, Foot Analytics, GoSupply, Imascono, Indigitall, Orquest o Ladorian.
Julián Cepeda, Managing Partner at Alantra and head of Alantra ScaleUp, said: “With our Alantra ScaleUp program, we were able to channel the enormous talent of the Alantra team to support the next generation of entrepreneurs creating a lasting mark on the industrial landscape of the future. In addition, we have been able to foster the core values of our corporate culture, promoting knowledge sharing and active collaboration among our professionals.”
Eduardo Paz, CEO at Feltwood, emphasized: “Alantra ScaleUp has allowed us to reflect on our project and improve our vision of it, not only from a financial point of view but also from a strategic one. We are very grateful to the team that accompanied us in this project for 5 months and that allowed us to grow professionally, identify opportunities and substantially improve our documentation for the next round of financing.”