Alantra completes the 7th edition of its acceleration program, Alantra ScaleUp
Date 24 March 2023
Type Press Releases
- Alantra ScaleUp offers pro-bono advice to start-ups with high growth potential to prepare their first rounds of institutional financing
- This edition’s participating scale-ups, Aquacorp and Foot Analytics, have been advised by 18 professionals across Alantra’s different divisions
- Since its inception, over 150 Alantra professionals have participated in the program, providing more than 3,500 hours of advice to nearly 20 companies with a high digital component
Madrid – Alantra in collaboration with Fundación Empresa y Sociedad has completed the seventh edition of Alantra ScaleUp, an ESG initiative with relevant social impact through which professionals from its various divisions offer financial and strategic advice to companies with high growth potential for their first rounds of institutional financing.
Aquacorp (the winner of this edition) and Foot Analytics have collaborated with 18 Alantra professionals in seven working sessions to address issues such as the investment thesis, the business and financing strategy or the type of investor to target.
The program closed with a presentation to an Alantra Partners Committee that provided final input for the financing round, as well a potential investment commitment to support the winning project.
- Aquacorp is a platform that obtains physicochemical and biological parameters of water by monitoring water surface images. Combining IoT, computer vision and spectroscopy, Aquacorp offers a Deep Tech platform that monitors water quality remotely, non-intrusively and in real time
- Foot Analytics is a B2B software solution that provides customers key performance indicators and information on real-time occupancy, foot traffic and customer behavior. The solution empowers decision-making processes with analytics, fostering resource optimization and cost savings while creating a multi-channel customer experience
Since its launch in 2017, over 150 Alantra professionals have participated in the program, offering more than 3,500 hours of pro-bono advice to nearly 20 companies, including Citibox, GoSupply, Imascono, Indigitall, Piperlab, Orquest, Ladorian or Robin Good.
Julián Cepeda, Managing Partner at Alantra and head of Alantra ScaleUp, said: “The goals of this initiative are twofold. On one hand it allows us to support the next generation of entrepreneurs creating a lasting impact on the industrial network of the future. On the other, it allows us to foster key aspects of our corporate culture such as knowledge sharing and collaboration among our professionals.”
Pablo Pérez, CEO and Founder of Aquacorp, stated: “Both the program and the team assigned to us have objectively helped us to modulate and adapt our discourse to our target, in this case investment funds, so that our message is clear enough to make the profitability of this investment opportunity unquestionable.”
Miquel Gummà, Co-Founder and CEO of Foot Analytics, said: “Alantra ScaleUp gives you the opportunity to work during seven sessions with senior professionals from different areas, from Finance to Data & Analytics, who have a deep knowledge of business strategy and opportunities, helping you to reinforce your strengths and identify your weaknesses. In short, it has taken us out of our inward vision, leading us to a clear and robust outward communication.”