Alantra completes the 6th edition of its acceleration program, Alantra ScaleUp
Date 4 August 2022
Type Corporate News
- RobinGood, a social impact food company that produces and distributes quality artisanal snacks made by people at risk of social exclusion, was the winner of this edition
- In addition to RobinGood, Cheerfy and Ladorian also participated in this edition, benefiting from the pro bono financial and strategic advice of 36 Alantra professionals across its different businesses and corporate services functions
- Through this program, Alantra offers free advice to support fast growing companies in scale up phase that will soon face their first fundraising rounds
- Since it was first launched six years ago, more than 150 Alantra professionals have participated in the program, offering more than 3,500 hours of pro bono advice to nearly 20 companies in sub-sectors such as ecommerce, digital marketing, food & beverage, and digital solutions to companies
Madrid, August 4, 2022 – Alantra has completed the sixth edition of Alantra ScaleUp, a pro bono initiative through which 36 professionals from different areas of the Firm have offered financial and strategic advice to companies with high growth potential to prepare their first rounds of institutional financing.
The three-participating scale-ups were RobinGood (winner of this edition), Cheerfy and Ladorian. Over the last six months, the founders of these companies have participated in eight working sessions with Alantra professionals in which they have addressed issues such as the investment thesis, the business and financial model, and the type of investor to target.
- RobinGood “Food with soul”, winner of this edition, is a company with a high social impact that produces and distributes artisanal snacks made by people at risk of social exclusion. RobinGood drives the transition to a healthier and more delicious way of snacking, while promoting the employment of vulnerable groups and universalizing the consumption of “social” products.
- Cheerfy is a customer loyalty platform and sales channel for large restaurant brands. Cheerfy’s differentiating element is that it offers the complete digital restaurant experience (sales, CRM and digital marketing) in a single platform.
- Ladorian is a data-driven solution that converts content broadcast elements into sales and information assistants for each customer. Ladorian has created a unique recommendation engine that leverages offline data to communicate with the buyer at the point of sale.
The program, in which more than 150 Alantra professionals have already participated, ends with a presentation to an Alantra Partners Committee, which makes the final contributions to the financing round and, if necessary, makes a supporting investment to the winning project. This way, participating companies are better able to demonstrate to investors the validity of their project, increasing their chances of raising capital and accessing better financing conditions.
Julián Cepeda, Managing Partner at Alantra and head of Alantra ScaleUp, highlights: “This innovative program with a high social impact allows us to contribute to the development of the industrial network of the future and, at the same time, helps us to promote collaboration, training and internal development of our employees through the organization of multidisciplinary advisory teams.”
Luis Font, founder of RobinGood, adds: “We are very grateful to the Alantra team. During these past few months, they have helped us to structure and define our investment strategy and to understand that the scalability and profitability of our business model are the keys to achieve greater social impact.”