Alantra and Catalyst Corporate Finance combine to create a leading global advisory business in the mid-market
Date 22 November 2017
Type Corporate News
• A leader in the UK mid-market. Founded 19 years ago, Catalyst Corporate Finance has over 68 professionals in three offices in the UK providing M&A and Debt Advisory services to a wide range of entrepreneurs, corporate and private equity clients. During the last 5 years, Catalyst has advised 99 transactions (60% of which have been sell-side). The company’s revenues have grown at a 22% CAGR during the last 4 years reaching £17mn in 2016.
• Alantra strengthens its position as a global mid-market leader. With this transaction, Alantra deeply reinforces its presence in Europe’s most important financial market adding M&A and Debt Advisory to its current capital markets activity. Alantra’s investment banking division will consist of 261 investment banking professionals in 21 countries
• Global financial hub. The Group will also benefit from having a strong local presence in one of the key financial centres worldwide in terms of market access, international reach, business environment and the quality of its professionals.
• The transaction, which is subject to FCA approval, contemplates the full integration of Catalyst through the payment of £15mn and, subject to Alantra’s shareholders’ approval, the delivery of 1,635,592 of Alantra shares to fifteen Catalyst partners who will become partners of the Alantra Group. These shares have a six-year lock-up and 16.7% will be stored in a warehouse for future allocation.
• Alantra’s Board of Directors will propose that a dividend of €16.5mn is distributed to the shareholders pre-closing of the transaction. The financial statements of Catalyst will be consolidated with economic effects 30/06/2017