Alantra has reached the final closing of its private debt fund, with €140mn in commitments. Alantra’s private debt fund has been the most active debt fund in Spain by number of transactions over the last 12 months and currently has invested c. 50% of its commitments.
6 investments completed to date
Alteralia SCA, SICAR, advised by Alantra Private Debt, has invested c. 50% of its size through six transactions in the first twelve months of activity.
- Indiba (November 2015): €8mn loan to Indiba, a company dedicated to the design, manufacturing and sale of equipment for the physiotherapy, aesthetics and medical aesthetics sectors. Funds were used for capex, refinancing of existing indebtedness and funding working capital needs for its continued international expansion. Indiba generated revenues in 2015 of €17mn, of which c.60% were generated outside Spain.
- Labiana (December 2015): €7mn loan to Labiana, a manufacturer of veterinary and human pharmaceutical products with 2015 sales of c. €31mn. Proceeds were used for debt refinancing, as well as funding its capex and working capital needs for its international expansion.
- Grupo Arteche (December 2015): €10.5mn loan to Grupo Arteche, an electricity component producer based in the Basque Country (Spain) that generated revenues in 2015 of more than €300mn. Proceeds were used for refinancing of existing indebtedness and capex. The group is highly internationalized, with over 85% of revenues generated overseas.
- CTL- TH Packaging (February 2016): €15.5mn loan to CTL-TH Packaging, a manufacturer of flexible plastic tubes for the cosmetic industry based in the Basque Country (Spain). Funds were used to acquire a plant in the US, refinancing of existing indebtedness and funding working capital needs to support its expansion plan. CTL-TH Packaging generated revenues of €67mn in 2015, exporting over 60% of its production.
- Trison Worldwide (April 2016): €14.5mn loan to Portobello Capital, a leading Spanish private equity fund, to acquire Trison, a company focused on in-store audio-visual marketing. Trison generated revenues of €36mn and EBITDA of €11mn in 2015.
- Kiwoko (July 2016): €15m loan to Kiwoko, the leader pet care retailer in Spain with c. 80 stores. Funds were used to refinance existing indebtedness and fund the business expansion. Kiwoko generated revenues of 45mn and EBITDA of over €3mn in 2015.